Mapstart teaches and develops your pupils’ geographical map and atlas skills using plans and maps on a variety of scales.
Making maps meaningful for your pupils. This practical, structured map skills course meets the requirements of the Geography National Curriculum at KS1 and KS2 and uses a simple colourful layout to introduce young pupils to using and drawing maps and plans.
About this series
• Provides step-by-step progression to using and understanding world maps
Browse books in this series
• Ideal for specialist and non-specialist teachers
• Useful for developing map literacy and numeracy
• Teachers notes, links and ideas are included for extension activities
• Uses a wide range of material such as photographs, picture maps, illustrations and satellite images