Letts Key Stage 3 Success - English: Study Guide
Part of the
Letts Key Stage 3 Success series
Paperback • 978-1-84419-370-7 • Sep
With in-depth coverage of the KS3 course, this book is split into sections covering the KS3 English attainment targets Speaking and Listening, Reading and Writing. An extra section covers spelling, punctuation and grammar to enable students to refine their punctuation and make conscious decisions about the grammatical structures they use.
About this resource
This book helps to check progress and understanding in three different ways. Progress Check tests quickly test the key points at the end of each topic, and there are slightly longer ‘Have a go’ tasks in the Speaking and Listening and Writing sections. There are also assessment questions at the end of each chapter which are ideal for revision for Optional Tests and formal examinations or preparation for APP tasks.
• Supports all methods of assessment, including testing and APP
• Each unit starts with a checklist for achieving the different National Curriculum Levels
• Information about KS3 Framework objectives can be found in the margin throughout most chapters in the book
• Includes an explanation of each Assessment Focus for APP (Assessing Pupil Progress)
• Key point panels draw attention to important facts
• Margin notes offer invaluable advice and guidance
• Assessment questions give valuable practice and help to track progress